Configure Labels

Friday, December 13, 2013

Complex PTSD

I am considered mentally ill, stigmatized by society, it's ironic, for this same society is the one responsible for my condition.  Complex PTSD cam into play by what society, systems, government and others have done to me for 45 years.  Even now they continue to contribute to this condition.

I did not ask for the panic attacks, the dissociative episodes, the nightmares, the daymares, limited sleep, fear and inability to trust, the isolation, the emotional upheaval, the scenes of traumas being relived over and over, never ending as my mind does not have an off switch.

I did not ask for my reality to be blurred and distorted. I did not ask for all my physical afflictions.  I did not ask to have my identity stripped from me so I do not know who to be and what to feel, what to think and what to do.

I was molded and remolded by others like putty in their hands.  My days are spent working hard in therapy to try and undo the damage that has been done to me throughout my life.  Medications offer limited help, it does not fix the problem.

Only time can heal me.


Bonnie L. Machia
~Newspaper
~Counterpoint

**Thank you Eliza for sharing this article**

No comments: